We’re not the type of people who need a reason to drink. If we’re breathing, that’s reason enough. But for those who need more, here you go:
1. Friday the 13th: Instead of fearing this day, we’re embracing it. Cheers to the hand this day wants to deal us.
2. Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary: July 12th marked the 50th anniversary of the Rolling Stones very first gig. We’ll be commemorating with a Rolling Stones playlist at this weekend’s barbeque but if you want more than that, head over to rollingstones.com – the site is planning to host a celebration.
3. Solar Storm: NASA speak is often over our heads but it’s to our understanding we’re in for a treat this weekend. The northern lights phenomenon is expected to hit Earth on Saturday, July 14 and may be seen as far south as California and Alabama.
4. Brew Festivals: A multitude of beer festivals take place this weekend, including the Summertime Brews Festival in Greensboro, NC and the Southern New Hampshire Brew-fest in Hooksett, NH. Check out beerfestivals.org to find one near your.
5. National Pandemonium Day: Saturday is National Pandemonium Day. There seem few days better suited for our audience. Cheers and bottoms up.